Webinar Recording and Materials - Rental Payment Project
On Thursday, October 22, BAAA hosted an informational webinar that included the Rental Payment Project implemented by Gulf Coast Legal Services. The Rental Payment Project serves Pinellas County and can cover all past due rent to elgible households who have experienced a hardship due to the COVID-19 emergency. The webinar featured Tammy Greer, Executive Director of Gulf Coast Legal Services, and Sarah Nelson, Supervising Attorney for Gulf Coast Legal Services.
Slides from the presentation are AVAILABLE HERE and a recording of the webinar is available below. Please note that this recording also included a discussion of the Pinellas CARES program, which is no longer taking applications. The presentation on the Rental Payment Project starts at 15:30 mark.
Rental Payment Project Summary
Implemented by Gulf Coast Legal Services, the program will cover all outstanding rent and late fees for residents financially impacted by the COVID-19 emergency. An applicant must qualify for both the program and be eligible to receive services from Gulf Coast Legal.
To qualify for the Rental Payment Project:
- Proof of Overdue Bill
- Able to demonstrate/attest to a loss of job/income due to COVID.
To qualify for services at Gulf Coast Legal:
- Residents under 60 years must be below 250% of the Federal poverty line at time of application (If a resident has lost their job and currently has no income, then the applicant should qualify).
- Residents over 60 years, no income limitations, however, priority will be given to those with lower incomes.
- While there is no deadline to apply for assistance, all funds must be expended by December 30, 2020.
- Citizenship is not a requirement for assistance under this program.
- Assistance is available even if the applicant has exhausted all assistance available through Pinellas CARES or other programs.