Coronavirus (COVID-19) BAAA Updates
Association changes during the coronavirus pandemic
Understandably, there is growing concern about the virus and potential impacts on industry programs and events. Our members' well being is always our first concern, and to that end we have put the following actions in place:
- All meetings (one on one, small group, etc.) will be held virtually, and all committees will be notified.
- The BAAA team is here for you during this trying time and will be available to meet virtually, via phone, etc. and will remain accessible to members and prospective members!
- Per WHO, CDC and FDOH recommendations the association staff will be following "social distancing" advice within the office. Please, no handshaking, hugging, or close physical contact. It is recommended that attendees and members follow similar protocols.
Rescheduled/Postponed Events and Programming
- BAAA Golf Outing scheduled for March 19 has been tentatively postponed to May 19
- CAM-T class has been postponed until June
- All scheduled in-person classes and events through April will be held virtually or will be rescheduled.
- Notifications of all postponements will be communicated by BAAA staff to students both electronically and via phone
- It is highly possible that events through May will be affected. We will let our membership know as soon as it becomes apparent.
We are adding as many webinar and virtual meetings as we can during this time. Please let us know if there are specific offerings you would like to see by sending us an email here.
The Association will be monitoring the COVID-19 issue carefully, following official guidance, and will work with volunteer leaders to implement the appropriate program and operational protocols.