Hillsborough County Stormwater Meetings Announced
Hillsborough County has organized six public meetings regarding the proposed stormwater assessment. Each of these meetings will take place from 4-7PM. The dates and locations are as follows:
• Monday, August 19 - Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave. in Plant City
• Tuesday, August 20 - Jimmie B. Keel Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
• Thursday, August 22 - Town N’ Country Library, 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
• Monday, August 26 - Emanuel P. Johnson Recreation Center, 5855 S. 78th St. in Tampa
• Tuesday, August 27 - Southshore Regional Service Center, 410 30th St. SE in Ruskin
• Thursday, August 29 - Seffner-Mango Branch Library, 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
We expect County officials responsible for the stormwater program to be there, and one or two County Commissioners may attend each of the events. The full announcement is available here. BAAA Members who have ties to unincorporated Hillsborough County should try to attend these meetings. This applies to you if:
1) Your home is in unincorporated Hillsborough County, or
2) Properties you manage are in unincorporated Hillsborough County, or
3) Your business is located in unincorporated Hillsborough County, or
4) A substantial portion of your business takes place in unincorporated Hillsborough County.
Please let GAD Eric Garduño know if you plan on attending any of these public meetings, or if you would like to find out more on how to engage on this issue.