Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) VIRTUAL
This is a VIRTUAL course (webcam required!)
CAS Virtual Course
Full course dates are below. Dates notated with (CAS) are mandatory but it is highly recommended that students attend all course days with the community managers, but it is optional. Each day begins at 9:00 am and is approx 3 hours.
April 23-Program Overview and Industry Essentials (CAS)
April 30-Financials (CAS)
May 7-Property Maintenance
May 28-Legal (CAS)
June 11-Risk Management (CAS)
June 18-Resident Experience & Review (CAS)
Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS)
A valued supplier partner has a deep understanding of the apartment industry. This course helps you gain that insight so you can better position your products and services to meet industry needs. This course is ideal for new salespeople and will help industry veterans gain further knowledge of apartment community operations.
This program is open to Supplier/Vendor Members and covers a multitude of industry information that will give attendees a better understanding of how apartment communities function and the challenges they face in their day to day operations.
CAS Course Includes:
- Applicant screening, leasing contracts, and move-ins
- Rent collection, lease renewal, the move-out process, lease termination, and eviction
- Property management systems and their functions
- How community managers create a positive fair housing environment
- Minimizing risk through inspections, preventative maintenance, safety programs, and documentation
- Addressing property and environmental hazards and crime
- Analyzing property financial operations and underperformance
- Monitoring property performance to achieve an owner's investment goals
- Maximizing net operating income
CAS Candidate Requirements:
- To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Complete the Supplier Success Course.
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position for at least 12 months.
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 24 hours).
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
CAS Credential Holder Benefits:
- Listing as NAAEI Certificate Holder
- Annual subscription to Units magazine
- Designation certificate
- CAS designation logo use on business stationery
- Digital Badge for use through social media, email, websites, and your digital resume
- Annual renewal required to maintain credential: 3 CEC's and $100 renewal fee