Citrus County Rental Assistance Available
Citrus County is providing rental assistance to residents who have been financially impacted by the COVID emergency. Rental assistance amounts will be based on the amount of outstanding rent owed between March and time of application. To be eligible, the household's employer must have been impacted by COVID-19, leading to the job loss or lost hours in the household. Self-employed individuals will need to demonstrate a loss on a profit/loss statement.
Eligible households must be below 120% Area Median Income. Applications must also submit required documentation, including:
- Completed Housing Intake Application
- Photo ID for all adult household members (18 and over)
- Birth certificates for children under the age of 18
- Lease agreement/mortgage statement
- Completed Self Certification of COVID-related hardship
- Self Certification of Income for ALL household members 18 years of age or older
- Proof of income loss due to hardship as a result of COVID-19 (this may be a letter from your employer regarding reduction in wages or proof of application filed for unemployment).
For more information on the program, please visit Citrus County CARES at:
Residents can obtain a copy of the Intake Application here
To submit your application for consideration, you can email your completed application and required documents to Ms. Brenda Flowers with Citrus County Housing Services, at Brenda.Flowers@citrusbocc.com, or fax them to her at (352) 527-5951. If you have any questions, you can reach Citrus County Housing Services at (352) 527-7520.
Landlords will need to provide W-9 information as part of the application process. While the application envisions landlords providing this information to residents, residents may also indicate on their application that this information must be collected directly from the landlord. If this is the case, landlords will need to submit W-9 information to Ms. Flowers at Brenda.Flowers@citrusbocc.com, or by fax to (352) 527-5951.