Class Policies and Practices
Get the most out of our education by following our education policies.
Education Policies and Practices
Class Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy:
- Class will be cancelled or rescheduled at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Should registration for a class be below the minimum of six (6) students BAAA staff will consider cancelling/rescheduling.
- Should an instructor be unable to teach a class due to an illness or other emergency, the instructor will provide as much notice as possible to BAAA.
- BAAA Education Staff will attempt to always have an alternate instructor for the class in case of instructor illness or emergency.
Instructor Conduct Policy:
- Instructor will keep up-to-date with current trends in relation to the subject(s) taught and will thoroughly prepare for class(es) in advance.
- Instructors will adhere to the materials and methodology with regards to the class topic.
- No personal business solicitation will be made to students unless a sponsorship is arranged with BAAA staff. Recruitment of students is not permitted during any class.
- Instructors will conduct teaching assignments in a dignified and professional manner including refraining from the use of profanity or behaving in a harassing or insulting manner.
- All NAA course material and course material developed by or for BAAA may NOT be taught outside of the BAAA sponsored classroom without prior authorization by BAAA and/or NAA.
Cancellation, Refund and Payment Policy:
- Payment is due PRIOR to class start or by the registration/payment deadline stated on the EVENT PAGE.
- Canellations/changes must be made before the registration deadline date. Late cancellations are non-refundable but a replacement student can be sent for that seat! Replacement student MUST have name of person replacing or an invoice will be processed.
- No refunds granted on cancellations received AFTER the registration deadline stated on the event page!
- All cancellations must be received in writing and include the date and signature line of a representative from the management company.
- NO-show's are responsible for FULL payment of the event fee!
- Payment is the responsibility of the company, not the individual registered for the course or class
- Be on time.
- Turn off cell phones, ipods, laptops, and all other devices that may cause an interruption.
- Refrain from business solicitation or recruitment of other students.
- Participate with an open mind.
- Ask questions.
- Share feedback in a positive and constructive manner. Have fun!
- Arrive 20-30 minutes before scheduled start time to make sure the room and materials are ready.
- Review Student Pledge with class.
- Interact with students in an engaging manner.
- Remember that students do not know the material as well as you do. Be thorough in your presentation of the material.
- At the end of the course, request that the students complete an Evaluation Form and place it in the box as they leave the room.